wine sound freezes system

Andreas Mohr zstkyu9001 at sneakemail.com
Thu May 17 13:50:05 CDT 2001

Bernhard Mogens Ege <bme at miba.auc.dk> wrote:
> I was wondering if anything in wine could crash the system? I believe
> not, but I have this problem since I upgraded to kernel 2.4.3: I am
> running winamp through wine and usually within one song, the system
> freezes. At first I suspected my X server (not sure wether AGP is
> enabled or not) so I ran wine/winamp on my machine and displayed on a
> windows box using xwin32. I had X locally shut down. The system still
> crashed. Ok, I did use the 0.9.0beta4 ALSA sound drivers which could
> have such errors, so I tried the kernel sound driver instead (ymfpci)
> and still remote display. wine/winamp still caused a system
> freeze. The I tried a non-wine player, xmms as well as mpg123. Both
> played several songs (xmms still playing).

> I don't know how to continue searching for the bug. Any ideas?

> It does look lige a kernel bug to me.
Winamp w/ 2.4.3 and Wine 0105xx CVS works fine for me.
(well, actually not really, there are some stupid bugs that should be fixed,
but that doesn't matter here anyway)

Andreas Mohr

--
In case you need to contact me later, my real (non-temporary) address is
(initial first name).(last name)@mailto.de