cdrw firmware update

Florian Müller flo at flo.s-s-f.de
Fri May 18 05:45:51 CDT 2001

Hello,

I need to do a firmware update for my cdrw and because of a missing linux
program for doing that I thought of using wine for trying it.
I call the programm FlashTool.exe and no error messages occur. (The
surface really looks great!) The programm detects correctly the flashable
cdrw-drive even with ide-scsi and the non-flashable cdrom. But then when I
click on "continue" nothing happens, the programm is still "usable", that
means I can quit it without any error-message but the firmware update is of
course not done.

Now two questions:

Is the idea of using an emulator to update the firmware totally stupid, or
might there be a chance for getting it work?

What debugging options can I use to give you more information?

Winerelease is 20010418 an the update-program is located at
http://www.traxdata.com/support/cd-r/drivers/files/cdrw8432.zip
The cdrw is connected to the 2nd port as slave and used with the ide-scsi
emulation driver.

Thank you and I hope you can help me...

Flo
--