makefile converter

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri May 18 18:58:40 CDT 2001

On Fri, 18 May 2001, Joseph Krauze wrote:

> Thanks for the tip.  I was already looking into installing wine on my
> RedHat 7.1.  By the way, what is the "best" site to do this from?

   As a Debian user I'm not very familiar with the best places to pick
up a Wine rpm. But there's at least the CodeWeavers Wine Preview:
   http://www.codeweavers.com/technology/wine/
   Otherwise there's a list of places from which you can download Wine
listed on the WineHQ site:
   http://www.winehq.com/download.shtml

   Personally I always get it from CVS:
   http://www.winehq.com/dev.shtml#CVS

> I am mainly dealing with makefiles that are generated by MS VC++ project
> (.dsp) as you assumed.  Looks like I will be abandoning my ambitious
> attempt to write a converter script.  However, if the need arises I will
> definitely take a close look to see if I can expand winemaker's capability
> to parse the .dsp files and generate the makefiles.

   That would be cool. It's also on my todo list except I certainly
won't get to it in the next 6 months :-(

[...]
> If you have any more suggestion or tips, they would be very much
> appreciated.

    Hmmm, not really. Check out the Winelib User Guide. It's getting
outdated but can still be useful. And ask questions if you get lost!

   http://wine.codeweavers.com/docs/winelib-user/

 The greatest programming project of all took six days; on the seventh day the
  programmer rested. We've been trying to debug the *&^%$#@ thing ever since.
                      Resume: design before you implement.