RFC-interupt31-sv/restore

Bob Goodwin goodie1 at pacbell.net
Sat May 19 13:19:34 CDT 2001

Bob Goodwin wrote:

> I have an application that requires the interupt 31 save/restore
> function. At this time, that's just a stub in wine. I propose the
> following code as a template for a save/restore function. I'm not sure
> about the whole thing and would like some help please.
> Thanks.
>
> Best regards,
> Bob Goodwin

Perhaps someone can help me with just this part;

It appears that there is no limit on calls to interupt_31-AX=0305
(request the address of the save/restore handler.) That implies more
than one thread could have a save/restore pointer.

When calling the save/restore function, the only parameter passed is a
byte in AL to indicate whether to save the current context or restore a
saved context. My question is, are there multiple copies of the
save/restore function or at least multiple entry points? It seems that
this would be the only way of having multiple unique context saves.

If only one context can be stored at a time, obviously a spin-lock will
need to be provided to keep other applications holding until their turn.
Thanks.

Bob Goodwin