Failed Dependency

Alexander A. Vasiljev alexvas at sky.inp.nsk.su
Mon May 21 22:18:56 CDT 2001

	Greetings, Cassimjee.
	Your first question was answered earlier in this tread. The second
was too, but I want to add just a few words.
	My favourite place to start finding something "failed" ;) is
www.rpmfind.net. An answer to "libGL.so.1" search is a list of RPMs
related to Mesa, XFree86-OpenGL-core, XFree86-libs and
XFree86-driver-nvidia. BTW, there are 80 entries in the answer.
	So, really first question is - do you have an OpenGL videocard
(e.g. TNT/TNT2/GeForce/Quadro Chips) and therefore want to have OpenGL
support or not? If you have - you'd better to install appropriate
software, if not - install wine from source.
	As far as I see in last wine RPM - wine-20010131-3.src.rpm, wine
is configured with --enable-opengl there. When installing from source
(view README) do ./configure without printing --enable-opengl. Or, if you
chose to use Wine Installer, first edit ./tools/wineinstall in wine
distributive and change line

CONFARGS="--enable-opengl"

CONFARGS=""

at least, or to

CONFARGS="--enable-dll --with-x --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib/wine
--sysconfdir=/etc"

which is Redhat choice (without --enable-opengl) and then execute
./tools/wineinstall as it described in README. Actually, after installing
wine I was to add

setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "$LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/lib/wine"

to my ~/.cshrc or you could add

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib/wine
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

to your ~/.bashrc if you are running bash.

*** NOTE TO DEVELOPERS ***
WINEDLLPATH=/usr/lib/wine - does not work!

	These instructions are a bit intricate, but read README first if
you desided to install wine from source and all would be much more
clearly.

	Good luck!
	Alexander Vasiljev