wine crashing X11

Jon Piesing jon at eddie.is.prl.research.philips.com
Tue May 22 10:42:48 CDT 2001

Jon Piesing <jon at eddie.is.prl.research.philips.com> wrote:
: Michael Torrie <torriem at nobyu.spamedu> wrote:
: : I found that sometimes wine will crash the font server (xfs) which will
: : then eventually cause X to crash as well.  I fixed it by putting all my
: : fontdir information in the XF86Config file itself, and not run a separate
: : font server.

I've just found that this is in fact already in the codeweavers wine
bugs database as bug #92. The suggestion there to remove truetype fonts
from the X server stopped wine crashing here. Unfortunately I do rather
need them to try & make text look better (sigh).

Jon