ICQ2000b

Andreas Mohr zstkyu9001 at sneakemail.com
Tue May 22 13:18:45 CDT 2001

Marc G. Fournier <scrappy at hub.org> wrote:
> Andreas Mohr <zstkyu9001 at sneakemail.com> writes:
>>P.S.: Yes, I started debugging/fixing ICQ2000b, and it nearly works,
>>but I really don't see why we'd always want to use "emulated" software
>>instead of the "real" (possibly better !) thing...

> Actually, from what I've seen, none of the clones are "better then" the real
> thing as far as ICQ is concerned ... I haven't asked her for a list, but
> there are features of ICQ2000b that my gf uses that don't appear to exist
> (or she can't find) in licq, which is why I want to get ICQ2000b working for
> her under Wine ...

> I use licq myself, and find that it does all that I want, so that is what
> I use, but I'd rather not have to reboot my FreeBSD box into Windows
> just so that she can use ICQ if I can at all help it :(
Hmm, so how far did you get with ICQ2000b ?

Install works fine for me, but running it is a problem (SHAppBarMessage
causes a recursion which I already fixed).
So in fact it might already work (it looks promising !), but as I don't have
net access for my notebook right now, I can't test it.

Andreas Mohr

--
In case you need to contact me later, my real (non-temporary) address is
(initial of first name).(last name)@mailto.de