Visual source safe and wine

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue May 22 15:12:29 CDT 2001

On Fri, 18 May 2001, Patrick Jeanson wrote:

> Hi!
>
>     I would like to use the command line version of visual source safe to
> get the latest version of a project(ss.exe).
> I have tried to use wine for this as the following:
> wine ss.exe 'cp $/projname'
>
> Unfortunately I got the following error messages:
>
> fixme:win32:PE_CreateModule Security directory ignored
> fixme:console:SetConsoleCtrlHandler (0x44c5f0,1) - no error checking or
> testing yet

   These are probably not important.

> A pop-up message also appeared to ask me if I want to debug.

   This one probably means that you got an unhandled exception. Can you
do the following:

 $ wine -debugmsg +relay,+seh ss.exe 'cp $/projname' >ss.log 2>&1

   And post the 100 lines or so before the line where the exception
occurs (it should contain ':seh:').

   (Instructions derived from
http://wine.codeweavers.com/docs/wine-user/bugs.shtml#AEN2051)

                               {free} || die "";