Programs under wine can't connect to the network

Miran Kenk kenkm at home.com
Sat Nov 3 18:51:31 CST 2001

Hey all

Have a very strange problem in slack 8, using wine 20011004. First noticed this with counterstrike, than checked with other programs that should access the net.

I get this error, and programs fail:

fixme:winsock:_get_sock_fd handle 304 is not a socket (GLE 6)

Documentation seems to imply that if I can get on the net with linux, I should be able to use wine with it. Weirdest part is that cs worked fine with Slack 7.2 and in latest SuSe. This is a wine-only installation.

I have a cable connection with a static ip, and this is really puzzling me. Any hints, solutions or even recognition that I'm not the only one with this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks

Miran