Dos Error Message Tables

ccrayne at crayne.org ccrayne at crayne.org
Sun Nov 4 20:56:52 CST 2001

The IBM PC DOS Version 7.00 command.com aborts with a SIGILL signal at the
end of every DIR listing, because it tries to call the message locate
routine passed to it by the int 2f ax=122E dl=08 handler -- which is to be
expected, because that handler is just a stub. The real problem, of
course, is that there is a thorny design issue in regard to where the
various pieces of this process should be located, and how they talk to
each other.

If I'm not stepping on anyone's toes, I am willing to take a stab at this,
but I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has already looked at this.

-- Chuck Crayne
ccrayne at crayne.org