Newbie: IE5.5

Daeron daeronREMOVE at THISfandom.net
Mon Nov 5 02:10:12 CST 2001

Aniartia wrote:

> On Thursday 01 November 2001 22:14, you wrote:
>> howdy,
>> i am very new to WINE and have looked around for some docs on howto get
>> IE5.5 running, but can't seem to find anything straight foward. i just
>> installed RH7.2, and am running Ximian GNOME, without a Windows
>> partition. WINE is apparently installed by default with RH7.2. i tried
>> the simple 'archnid' (solitaire) program and seemed to work ok. however,
>> i have the IE5.5 executable, and am trying to run it with: wine --dll
>> commctrl,comctl32=n IEXPLORER.exe (from the directory it's in) but it
>> doesn't run.
>>
>> can someone possibly point me in the right direction, maybe a HOWTO, so i
>> can get this up and running?
>> thanx in advance...
>
> 1) download the latest 16bit version of MSIE

 Does anyone know how or where from? Mickyshaft only appears to offer
IE-6.0 through their own site.

A nations human decency can be measured by the
number of its citizens who phone or write their government
to improve the world.
http://www.fandom.net/~daeron/Cyclo/Brainia/8635.html
http://www.topica.com/lists/WestPapua/read
http://www.foreignpolicy-infocus.org/briefs/vol5/v5n37papua.html