WHAT IS WINE ???????????

Daeron daeronREMOVE at THISfandom.net
Mon Nov 5 05:03:12 CST 2001

The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

> In comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine, John Wayne
> <babylon2002 at hotmail>
>  wrote
> on Sun, 04 Nov 2001 01:48:42 +1100
> <qt08ut86785j82mj2o4md1nm0n4d58jnf9 at 4ax.com>:
>>have no Idea emulator for what ?
>>Its ME
> Wine is a package (I'm not sure if one can call it a program or not,
> although the executable 'wine' is run to launch things)
> that allows for a Windows program to run on a Linux machine, by
 The only trouble about Linux is that it's generally designed for and used
by ex-MS-Windows users. Wine actually has nothing to do with Linux at all.
 It is a open source system designed to work on Posix compatible X-windows.
 i.e. it runs on UNIX systems, it is also available for Linux systems.

A nations human decency can be measured by the
number of its citizens who phone or write their government
to improve the world.