Wine err: dosfs:DRIVE_ReadSuperblock The Filesystem is not FAT !!

min-ra sminra at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 7 06:18:51 CST 2001

Hi folks, I've been trying to get WINE to run on my new mandrake 8.0
box for _four_ _months_.

Every version of WINE gives me:

err:dosfs:DRIVE_ReadSuperblock The filesystem is not FAT !!
(device=/dev/hda1)

when I try to run an app that opens/closes files (e.g. notepad.exe).
Software that doesn't use files runs fine (calc.exe)

I can read/write to the partition /dev/hda1 just fine... here's the
fstab entry:

/dev/hda1 /mnt/win_c vfat
user,exec,suid,umask=0,codepage=850,iocharset=iso8859-1 0 0

Here's the wine config entry

[Drive C]
"Path" = "/mnt/win_c"
"Type" = "hd"
"Label" = "C"
"Device" = "/dev/hda1"
"FS" = "win95"

I expect this is a problem with my filesystem setup or my OS.  This
only happened with Mandrake 8.0 - GoLinux and RedHat worked fine.

I'm really frotzed in the head over this.  Please heal my perception.

arnim