Problem with Lotus Notes RNext client and setting User Preferences

Simon Lapraik simon at lapraik.co.uk
Thu Nov 8 05:42:40 CST 2001

Hi.

I'm new to wine, so not totally sure whether this is a wine issue, or an
application issue, so I am hoping people with more knowledge/experience
can help me.

I have a RedHat 7.1 system, and installed wine via a rpm package. I have
also copies the fonts from a Win NT 4 system and added them to my X11
config.

I am trying to use the beta version of the Lotus Notes RNext client
under wine. Most things appear to work OK (got fonts working after
copying the Win NT 4 fonts), however I have found that whenever I go
into the user preferences part of this application, when I click on OK
to activate the changes, the wine debugger appears and shows the
following error:

Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x0000006a in 32-bit
code (0x005d6095).
In 32-bit mode.
Symbol h_errno is invalid
0x005d6095 (NNOTESWS.DLL.ReadFontPreferences+0x42685 in C:\PROGRAM
FILES\LOTUS\NOTES\NNOTESWS.DLL): movl 0x6a(%eax),%ecx

Has anyone got any thoughts on what could be causing this, whether it is
an application issue (and therefore I should report it to Lotus/IBM),
whether it is a wine issue (and its either a configuration issue or a
bug) or anything else? Any help here would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Simon