Embellish Working but??

Daeron daeronREMOVE at THISfandom.net
Thu Nov 8 07:47:58 CST 2001

Andreas Mohr Usenet 10/01 wrote:
> Why it tries to translate a *winerror* constant ERROR_UNKNOWN from an NT
> *status code* to a DOS error is completely beyond me.
> Something seems to be pretty fishy here...
> Try to find out where this ERROR_UNKNOWN gets set in wine (--debugmsg
> +relay) and then try to find out why the hell a completely misplaced
> RtlNtStatusToDosError gets invoked for this.

 Arr, then it stack me. I'm running on a pretend DOS on my UNIX file system.
 And I'd made directories with the standard MS-Windows names.
 I'd popped the Emb.exe into "C:\\Program Files" - the trouble must have
been because the file system had to call in the NT services to address the
space in the file name and the exe in question was Dos.

 Anyway. Good news.
 Emb.exe is the install file - the install flickered for a bit but worked
fine. It dumps a small program and several DLLs into whichever directory
you've told it to install to. Once you inclde it in the DOS path, or copy
the DLLs to the DOS path - she works.

 The Bad News.
 There some sort of position issue to be resolved. It's openning its tool
bars & other windows about 240pixels too low compared to the MS-Windows
window (if you get what I mean).

 Remember to make use of the "R" button to reposition toolbars & the
Window:Tools menu to activate the other toolbars once you've created or
open some file for editing.