WineX compile problem

scott scott.nipp at
Fri Nov 9 08:12:13 CST 2001

In article <20011109.170722.1969577985.1645 at>,
"Chris van der Pennen" <chrisvdp74656 at> wrote:

> "scott" <scott.nipp at> clogged up the group with:
>> I am trying to get the latest CVS of WineX running on my box, Mandrake
>> 8.1.  I have run into a compile problem, and I am not having any luck
>> finding anything about this.  The configure and make depend go fine.
>> During the make, I get the following error...
> [lots of errors from gl.h]
>> make[2]: *** [ddraw/hal.o] Error 1
>> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/transgaming/wine/dlls/ddraw'
>> make[1]: *** [ddraw/] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory
>> `/usr/local/transgaming/wine/dlls' make: *** [dlls] Error 2
>> 	Any help would be appreciated.  I apologize if this is the wrong
>> 	group,
>> or if this is covered in a FAQ or something.  This is my first attempt
>> with WineX.  Thanks in advance.
> I just did the same thing, but with no errors.  I'm using Mandrake 8.0
> with gcc version 3.0.1 - what version are you using?  And what options
> are you using when you ./configure?
> Also, why did you post that four times?  :-)
> Chris
Thanks for the feedback...  I finally got it to work, and now I am trying
to get some programs to work.  Having trouble with BGII, but going to
keep pounding away at it.

Sorry for posting 4 times.  My newsgroup program seemed to hang on me and
I hit the send repeatedly thinking it had locked up.  )