problem with wineinstall : regapi cannot find libntdll.so

Christian Schmidbauer schmidba at in.tum.de
Fri Nov 9 08:44:08 CST 2001

Omar Benhamid wrote:

> Hi,
>         I am trying to compile wine, well i just done ./configure and make
> depend && make stuff. After compilation finished (successfully). I
> discovered wineinstall, i tried to use it but the problem is that regapi
> returns an error : it cannot find shared object libntdll.so, even when i
> symlink it in programs/regapi/ in my root compilation directory and in
> /ust/local/lib (i am installing wine in another partition so i used
> --prefix=/mnt/data/programs/wine in ./configure).
>         Can anyone help me solving this ?

Seems like you tried to run wineinstall without root priviliges.
If you don't have them you can use the --prefix= option of ./configure
and the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH environment variables as a work
around.

--
Um das zu glauben (dass Planeten um ferne Sonnen kreisen), muesste man
denken wie Giordano Bruno, der auf Urteil der heiligen Inquisition