Drive use in wine

Brett I. Holcomb bholcomb at r777cableone.net
Sat Nov 10 20:57:20 CST 2001

Wine has a problem here.  I fixed the amd files so wine can see both CD
drives.  However, wine does not act correctly.

As long as all the drives have media in them wine will find them and use
them.  If there is no media in a drive that drive will never show up in a
drive list even if I put media in the drive.

Here's the drive setup for my floppys and CDs - all of which have this
behavior.

[Drive A]
"Path" = "/auto/floppy"
"Type" = "floppy"
"Device" = "/dev/fd0"
"Filesystem" = "win95"

[Drive H]
"Path" = "/auto/cdrom"
"Type" = "cdrom"
"Filesystem" = "win95"
"Device" = "/dev/sr1"
;
; CD-RW drive (automounted)
;
;
; If an application (or game) wants a specific CD-ROM you might have to
; temporary change the Label to the one of the CD itself.
;
; How to read them is described in /usr/doc/wine-cvs-xxxxx/cdrom-labels.
;
[Drive I]
"Path" = "/auto/cdrw"
"Type" = "cdrom"