Newbie: Getting CVS to work

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Mon Nov 12 04:09:04 CST 2001

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001 07:25:04 GMT, gerson.kurz at t-online.de (Gerson
Kurz) wrote:

>The directory is right, I think it has something to do with inetd.
>inetd is not started on my system; when I start it (and enable the cvs
>service in /etc/inetd.conf) I get "access denied" rather than
>"connection refused", but that doesn't help me much, either.

It could be a system problem : I remember that for a long time
I could never connect to this cvs server.
The problem went away at some point, but I don't know why.
I did not change much my system for all this time, but as I did
not check this site frequently I can't be sure.

Try the main site at cvs.winehq.com : if it works it may be a
problem with your setup (but I could not say where :-/)

Gerard