Good free Web Graphics Progmans

Daeron daeronREMOVE at THISfandom.net
Tue Nov 13 00:12:50 CST 2001

Craig Chandler wrote:
> I thought wine ran on linux in which case gimp would be a great choice.
> Gimp also has a windows binary that you could run using wine on linux
> (haven't tried it though)

 1) My 12 & 10 year old nieces would find most paint programs easier to use
than Gimp.
 2) No person should be limited to one tool. I know for my own use Gimp is
often worse than useless, because it can do something but not in any
staight forward manner. You have to remember the six steps & which
directions to jump , which in other applications takes one step. You can
waste an hour trying to figure how to do something that takes 15seconds in
many other apps.

 Please stop having a religeous zealously attack, the point of Wine is to
be able to run some Windows programs. They may be some apps which are vital
to that person, or they may be some apps I want to include to give the
person some feeling of confidence that they are not being denied everything
by using UNIX instead of MS-Windows.
 Whichever the reason is realyy doesn't matter, I don't understand why you
feel it is neccessary to force everyone on the planet to use Gimp. There's
a lot of stuff in Gimp, *but* *not* everything, and it's interface leaves
alot to be desired. Do I now have permision to ask if anyone knows of some
interesting Windows graphics programs to try under wine?