Network

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Tue Nov 13 10:39:59 CST 2001

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, daniel huhardeaux wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> since few days I try to install a RunTime under WINE which is used to
> connect to a Linux Server. Having allways error 6 not socket (GLE 6)
> with -debugmsg +winsock options, I install telnet from Windows to try to
> connect to this server. I got same error. I install another windows
> client, PUTTY, same result: unable to connect. Does anyone know more
> about how to test network connexion under WINE or how to set it up.
> Seams that problem is in WSOCK32_bind.
>
> My configuration: WINE20011004 without Windows. Network under linux is
> working well.
>
> Thanks for help

sockets were broken in Wine-20011004.  They worked before and after.
There is a new ftp release of Wine now - 20011108.

If you like to patch the source, I can sent you the patch that fixed the
problem with 20011004 (I didn't make the patch, but I have track of it),
or you can install a newer (or older) wine version.

Lawson
---oof---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.