Cannot install/run very important application (fwd)

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Tue Nov 13 15:34:17 CST 2001

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Norbert Zawodsky wrote:

| Hello everybody!
|
| Yesterday I downloaded wine 20011108 and tried it but I have still
| the same problem:
|
| The installation starts, I click through some info-screens but when
| the actual installation-process begins, a message box pops up. Title:
| "Visual Basic 6.0" Text: "Ungültiges Bild" ('invalid picture'
| in english).
|
| I asked a friend to install it on his windows machine and then just
| send me the installed files. BUt when I tried to start the banking
| application the same message box pops up again.
|
| So is ther anybody out ther who can help me? Which debugmessages shall
| turn on? Maybe it's just a problem with some builtin/native DLLs...
|
| Norbert

My best guess is, if you can lay hold of a native msvcrt.dll (or
possibly the installer installed one) and make sure Wine is configured
to use it, you might have slightly better luck.

If none of the debugmsg possibilities jumps out at you as maybe having
to do with the problem you are having, +relay is the most generally
useful:  in effect, it shows what the app is asking for from Wine, and
what it is getting back.

Probably, try the installer again (with native msvcrt).  Probably, if it
succeeds, it will add entries to the registry you will need to get the
installed program to run.  Unless you know how to export the necessary
entries from your friend's registry and feed them to wine's regapi
program.

Lawson

The Devil finds work for idle minds.