Problems with MS-Office 97 Setup

Brian G. Olson bgo at pals.cwru.edu
Wed Nov 14 18:01:13 CST 2001

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001 17:29:55 -0600, Badanov <procyon at wavelinx.net> wrote:
>You're trying to install it as root.  Log out and log in as a non
>privliledge user

Nope, Not it. I don't see why I wouldn't be able to install it as root anyway.
Unless Wine has that restriciton built in for some security reason!

I just noticed that my error is slightly different then what the previous
poster encountered. I get a MessageBox with a title of "Setup Error 530", and a
message of:

This is an invalid command line option:
"

--
Brian O.

>Brian G. Olson wrote in message ...
>>On Wed, 14 Nov 2001 11:15:10 +0100, Armin Sauter
><sauter at tt.ba-ravensburg.de>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Hi @ all
>>>can anybody help me? I've tried to install Office 97 in a fake-Win98,
>>>but if i execute "wine setup.exe" The Setup fails with error <Invalid
>>>Parameter : Setup.exe "">
>>>How can I solve this problem?
>>>
>>>thanx
>>>Armin
>>
>>I've got the same problem! Anyone have an idea?
>>
>>I'm able to bypass the main setup program by running acmsetup for each
>>component of office (excel and word) with the following line:
>>
>>wine --winver win98 --managed -- ACMSETUP.EXE /T EXCEL97.STF /S "D:\EXCEL"
>>
>>But just as I select to do either a 'typical install' or 'custom install' I
>get
>>a core dump (which could be due to me trying to skip the main setup
>program).
>>
>>--
>>Brian

Brian G. Olson