Results of backtrace etc

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Thu Nov 15 06:43:51 CST 2001

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001 20:23:20 GMT, Simon at lapraik.co.uk wrote:

>I went to the Lotus Notes Rnext program directory and started it using the
>following command
>
>wine --debugmsg +win,+relay,+class notes.exe 2>file &
>
>Once Notes had loaded, I selected File, Preferences, User Preferences. I
>then clicked on OK at which point the client crashed and the wine debugger
>started.

<snip>
>  1 0x408345d7 (USER32.DLL.GetTaskmanWindow+0x97 in libuser32.so)
>(ebp=40615010)
>  2 0x40834669 (USER32.DLL.GetTaskmanWindow+0x129 in libuser32.so)
>(ebp=40615040)
>  3 0x4083a502 (USER32.DLL.CallWindowProcA+0xb2 in libuser32.so)
>(ebp=40615074)
>  4 0x407d55e3 (USER32.DLL.IsCharAlphaW+0x2c23 in libuser32.so)
>(ebp=406150d0)
<snip>

This is the problem with Wine rpm packages : there is missing
debugging information that makes backtrace much less useful.

>Does this give you any more ideas as to what going wrong? If you need more
>information, please let me know.

Doc states to use +relay for traces. Not +win : this is useful but
not without +relay.

Download current cvs and try again after compiling from
source. Use +relay for traces.

Gerard