Checkpoint FW-1 NG Policy Editor

Andreas Mohr Usenet 10/01 a31dgo001 at sneakemail.com
Thu Nov 15 07:51:14 CST 2001

Martin Auer <martin.auer at netage.de> wrote:
> Hi,

> I very new to wine and do not have much knowledge. Sorry for that, but
> I'm trying to spend more time on wine. I want to run the Checkpoint FW-1
> for NG Policy Editor under Linux. So I thought, maybi it's possible with
> wine to do so. I downloaded the wine-20011106-1.i386.rpm and the
> wine-devel-20011106-1.i386.rpm on my RedHat 7.1 System and installed it.
> I'm using the standard configuration because I don't know to do it
> better. Sorry again.
> Then I copied the files from an win2000 system and copied the dlls that
> wine said to be needed in the same directory.

> So, if I start with:

> wine FwPolicy.exe

> Following output:

> err:win32:PE_FindExportedFunction module not found for forward
> 'MSWSOCK.GetTypeB
> yNameA' used by 'WSOCK32.dll'
> err:win32:PE_fixup_imports No implementation for WSOCK32.dll.1113
> imported from
> E:\fw-1ng\CPNetwork.dll, setting to 0xdeadbeef
> err:win32:PE_FindExportedFunction module not found for forward
> 'MSWSOCK.GetAddre
> ssByNameA' used by 'WSOCK32.dll'
> err:win32:PE_fixup_imports No implementation for WSOCK32.dll.1109
> imported from
> E:\fw-1ng\Resolve.dll, setting to 0xdeadbeef
Hmm, the "module not found" message seems pretty strange to me.
WTH would it use MSWSOCK ???
Oh, hmm. You are using *native* wsock32.dll, right ? This can't work AFAIK.

> fixme:winsock:_get_sock_fd handle 21 is not a socket (GLE 5)
> fixme:winsock:_get_sock_fd handle 23 is not a socket (GLE 5)
Hmm, this surely sounds to me like you're not using latest Wine...
(winsock bug :-\)

--
Andreas Mohr, Renningen, Germany
In case you need to contact me after expiry of temporary email address: