Newbie Question on Wine on Red Hat 7.2

bryan bryanw at osogrande.com
Thu Nov 15 15:07:56 CST 2001

Ive downloaded the wine rpm file and issued the command rpm -Uvh
wine-20011106-1.i386.rpm it says it installs just fine but im not able
to use it, It gives back: wineserver: chdir /root/.wine : No such file
or directory
if i issue the command winelauncher and try to do the configure option
it gives me back  Unable to find winesetup in your PATH or in
/opt/wine/bin i havn't been able to find a winesetup file on the system.
I have downloaded some example config files and i have configured them
to my system but it doesn't do anything. what am i doing wrong or what
can i do to get this working, im running rh 7.2 (hard drive 1) and have
windows 98 installed on another hd on my system. (hard drive 2). any
support will be greatly apprechiated.

-Bryan