Excessive redraw in Lotus Notes on Wine 20011108

Toby Haynes thaynes at ca.ibm.com
Thu Nov 15 16:43:55 CST 2001

I compiled up Wine 20011108 from the source on my Mandrake 7.2 box without
problems. I was pleased when I actually managed to get the Windows QuickTime
player to install properly and actually run the player (albeit slowly). I also
managed to get the SameTime installer to run, although the client still refuses
to work.

My one critical application on Wine however is Lotus Notes. It works pretty
well with this release and feels a little faster than the 20010326 Wine version
I use as a baseline. However there is one horrible regression in this new Wine
release. When editing a document, the entire document redraws for every
keystroke (although not for cursor movement). This is headache-inducing and
makes it impossible to use this release for serious work.

I usually run with the Sawfish window manager managing the Wine Windows. I
tried going back to the fixed desktop size and enabling double buffered windows
in search of a fix but no joy.

Does anyone have any tips on things to try? I've gone back to the 20010326
build for the moment, but I'd prefer to run on the latest version as I stand
more chance of getting other applications to run.

Thanks,
Toby Haynes

--

Toby Haynes
The views and opinions expressed in this message are my own, and do