Starcraft and Wine - Graphics Problems

Colvin krynus at neo.rr.com
Sat Nov 17 12:25:05 CST 2001

Allright, I'm at my wits end here.

About 6 months ago I had starcraft working perfectly under wine. Couldn't
tell the difference between it and running natively under windows.
Anyway, between now and then I've reinstalled and updated drivers, etc and
I can't get wine to work for the life of me (Recent version too)

When I had it working I was using a script to start a second X server in
640x480x8bpp, spawn an xterm and ultimately starcraft.  It worked great.
I'm trying the same thing now, but all I can get is starcraft to load with
a mostly black screen and a few white pixels where the menu animations
are.  Sound and mouse seem fine.  The absolute best I could do was by
turning on the install private colormap option, which gave me a whoping 16
colors.  At first, I thought it was an issue with my newer nvidia drivers.
  I installed a second video card (Matrox Millenium II) and am running the
second X server on that card instead of my nvidia.  It still has the same
messed up colors.  I'm rather lost becasue I have no idea at this point
what could be causing this weird graphics problem.  I've tried wine
standalone (No windows at all) and wine w/ Windows 2000.  Both are about
the same.

Any suggestions would be much welcomed.  I hate rebooting into windows to
play starcraft with my buds.

Thanks,
Colvin