OK, I'm doing something stupid.

D. C. Sessions dcs at lumbercartel.com
Sat Nov 17 20:43:10 CST 2001

Freshly installed Mandrake 8.1, no Windows anything except some
fonts.  Both the included 20010731 and the cooker 20010824
give me the same result when I try to run any Windows setup
from CD: I get a burst of

FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock

pairs followed by nine

fixme:psdrv:PSDRV_BITMAP_SelectObject stub

at which point winereal sucks 100% of available processor
slices and stays that way until I run out of patience (say an
hour or so on a 1400 MHz Athlon/DDR system.)

This looks somewhat familiar since WordPerfect did the same
kind of thing if you installed it without the compatibility libraries,
but that may just be wine's way of throwing a tantrum.

So I admit that I'm probably being thick, but what am I missing?

--
| Microsoft: "A reputation for releasing inferior software will make |
| it more difficult for a software vendor to induce customers to pay |