calling a linux program from a win app.

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sun Nov 18 19:36:14 CST 2001

On Sun, 18 Nov 2001 user at domain.invalid wrote:

> Could you be more specific please?  dosmod is installed - what am I to
> do with it?

Don't worry about it.  If wine is properly installed, you can execute a
linux program with WinExec - IF the linux program is accessible on a
windows "drive".  I didn't want to get too elaborate about it, so I just
copied /bin/sh to /usr/local/bin (which I have on drive G:, for
winedbg), started progman (Wine's builtin progman, from <wine>/programs
(they don't make from the toplevel Makefile, but you can make them all
from <wine>/programs, or separately), File->Execute, filled in

sh -c ps

for the command line.  ps is not accessible from a windows drive, but
that doesn't matter if sh is.  Then I exited from progman.  That is
enough GUI for 1 day.

Script started on Sun Nov 18 20:18:29 2001
[whit at giftie bin]$ progman
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
  PID TTY          TIME CMD
 2073 pts/1    00:00:00 bash
 2088 pts/1    00:00:04 progman
 2091 pts/1    00:00:00 ps
[whit at giftie bin]$ exit

Script done on Sun Nov 18 20:20:04 2001

Progman uses WinExec(), so I guess any windose or winelib program can do
similar.

Lawson

Probable user head space error. - Dennis A. Moore

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.