Lotus Notes under WinNT 4.0

Gaby Hornik gaby at gabyhornik.de
Mon Nov 19 06:31:24 CST 2001

Hello!

I'm trying to run Lotus Notes (installed on another partition,
Win NT 4.0) under SuSE Linux 7.2.

So far I got Wine release 20011108.
If I run
wine --winver nt40 --debugmsg +loaddll \\
/windows/c/Programme/Lotus/Notes/notes.exe
a Lotus opening window shows shortly and then on a mouseclick
it does nothing or produce a memory error.

It seems to have problems with ole32.dll:
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadLibraryExA Loaded module \\
   'C:\WINNT\SYSTEM\ole32.dll' : so
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadLibraryExA Loaded module \\
   'C:\WINNT\SYSTEM\OLEAUT32.dll' : builtin
fixme:win32:ELF_FindExportedFunction function BindMoniker not found:
/usr/local/lib/libwine.so: undefined symbol: BindMoniker
err:win32:PE_fixup_imports No implementation for ole32.dll.0(BindMoniker)
imported from C:\Programme\Lotus\Notes\nnotes.dll, setting to 0xdeadbeef

etc pp...

It also produces error messages like:
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock

Any ideas how I can run Lotus Notes? Don't blame me for using
this stuff, my company decided that, but I'd rather work under
linux. :-)

Thanks, Gaby
mailto: gaby at gabyhornik.de