WineLib Seg Fault?

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Tue Nov 20 10:14:41 CST 2001

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Jussi Jumppanen wrote:

> >From what I can tell, I think the problem is most likely due
> to some un-initialised global data in my application. The is
> probably due to a slight difference in initialisation between
> Windows and WineLib.
>
> >From what little trace information there is it seems that
> as soon as the my 'so' is loaded the first thing that gets
> run causes the seg fault.
>
> For this reason I suspect the trace messages in this case will
> not help provide any addition information :(
>

> >From the failed load, after wine has loaded (ie boot_done()) the
> only one function that is called in my application is:
>
>  0806d080:trace:heap:HeapAlloc (40360000,00000002,00000018): returning
>  4036168c Segmentation fault
>
> and that fails :(
>
> That is why I suspect this is some sort of un-initialised global data
> in my application that is at fault.

I think I would try - make sure you run in c directory you can write in,
make sure it can write a core dump:

ulimit -c unlimited

let it segment fault,

and use gdb to read the core file:

gdb -c core

That _might_ tel you if it faulted in wine or it your app, and if so
you can quit gdb and give it the program and core file:

gdb wine core

or

gdb x_zeus.so core

or whatever its name is.

> I will give this a go.
>
> Thanks for your help with this problem. Much appreciated.
>
> Cheer Jussi

Lawson

Truth can never be told so as to be understood, and not be believed.
                                - William Blake

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.