Is it possible to use wine with a journaling filesystem?

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Tue Nov 20 16:55:04 CST 2001

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Hans-Bernhard wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I installed my mandrake linux 8.1 with reiserfs. I would like to use wine
> without my windows partition. Now I see the following text in the wine
> man-page:
> ---
> format: Filesystem=<fstype>
> default: "win95"
> Used to specify the type of the file system Wine should emulate on a given directory structure/underlying file system.
> Supported types are "msdos" (or "fat"), "win95" (or "vfat"), "unix".
> Recommended:
>
>   "win95" for ext2fs, VFAT and FAT32
>
>   "msdos" for FAT16 (ugly)
> ---
> Do I have to use ext2? Isn't it possible to use reiserfs? May I perhaps
> use ext3?
>
> thanks
> HB

Any filesystem type the host OS (linux, in this case) can mount, wine
can use.  "win95" refers to the fs behavior wine presents to the windows
app.  Wine is a *NIX application program.  It does't really _care_ about
the fstype.  Use minix, umsdos, vfat, ext2, ext, ext3, reiserfs,
isofs, nfs,... just as you like.  Here you just tell wine whether you
want filenames a windows app can use limited to 8.3 ("msdos") or not
("win95").

Lawson
---oof---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!