wine mismatch

Brett Simpson simpsonb at hillsboroughcounty.org
Wed Nov 21 12:37:10 CST 2001

I had installed a Redhat 7.2 wine rpm (20010822-1) and decided to update it
to a more recent rpm. Well I got a bunch of errors trying to run a simple
executable so I uninstalled the latest rpm and reinstall the Redhat 7.2
wine rpm (20010822-1). Now I get this message. I've removed wine and
wine-devel rpms and I've search the drive for any wineserver or wine. Also
winserver isn't running. I even rebooted just to be sure.

wine client error:0x806a798: version mismatch 49/62.
Your wineserver binary was not upgraded correctly,
or you have an older one somewhere in your PATH.
Or maybe the wrong wineserver is still running?