Starcraft install problem

Troy Brand troybrand at terra.es
Wed Nov 21 12:24:06 CST 2001

Hello,

I have wine (20010822) installed on a Linux Redhat 7.2 box and would like to
install Starcraft.  When I execute the Starcraft install binary I get a pop
up window with an error of "no program start menu found".  At the LinuxGames
site (http://www.linuxgames.com/starcraft.php3) there is a HOWTO which
addresses this problem, it reads as follows:

Rob Latham sent an email laying out the following fix for the "no program
start menu found" problem. This text is taken directly from the email:
Solution: edit ${HOME}/.wine/user.reg and put the "Programs" key there
 yourself. As I see it (please correct me if I'm wrong), the wine
 versions of the registry are plain text files, with tabs to delimit the
 tree hierarchy of the windows registry. I added a branch to the
 "Software" trunk by adding these six lines (using actual tabs for "\t",
 but you get the idea)

 \tMicrosoft
 \t\tWindows
 \t\t\tCurrentVersion
 \t\t\t\tExplorer
 \t\t\t\t\tShell Folders
 \t\t\t\t\t\tPrograms=1,1,C:\\WINDOWS\\Start Menu\\Programs

 Why the "1,1," before the path? I don't know, but wine's registry
 parser looks for two commas and then the path after the key name.

I tried to apply this fix but it didn't seem work.  What I did was add these
six lines to my user.reg file replacing the \t with actual tabs.  Can anyone
tell me how to fix this problem?

Thanks

Troy