Faking system time

Eduardo G. Andrade eduardo at ibiz.com.br
Wed Nov 21 14:51:54 CST 2001

nevermind, found it myself, pretty straightforwards...

hacked it, works beautifully.

but, itd be cool to make it a run-time option (like wine --sysdate='20000101')

any hint on that?

Eduardo G. Andrade wrote:

> Hello all.
> I am trying to use WINE to make a windoze-only development environment
> (very rudimentar, command line cross-compiler and stuff)
> under Linux, because GNU make is far superior from the M$'s 'nmake'.
> Anyway, I have some trouble with expirating licenses and stuff, and the
> solution is to revert the system date back to some
> valid thing and then compile.
> Since I am now running it under WINE (yeah! it *almost* works great), I
> wonder if it is possible to hack wine so it tells
> the executed program some different date and time (changing systime in
> Linux tends to wreak havoc with makefiles and stuff)
> Can someone point out where the unix-to-windoze sysdate translation is
> done so I can hack it?

-- SNIP --

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"

| Eduardo G. Andrade                   |
| Ibiz Tecnologia                      |
| eduardo at ibiz.com.br                  |
| 5579-3178 r 224                      |