WINE ASPI support and my Polaroid SprintScan 35 Plus

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Thu Nov 22 11:25:22 CST 2001

On Thu, 22 Nov 2001, Mark A. Haun wrote:

> No matter what I try in the DLLOverrides config, it cannot find
> WINASPI.DLL.

The DllOverrides only specifies which dlls wine prefers to load, wine does
not try to fake the physical existence of any .dll file. You should use
something like "touch winaspi.dll" in your system directory to make it
look like it exist, since as you can see, there's a failing
OpenFile("winaspi.dll"), which means that the app checks for the physical
existence of the file, before actually trying to load it.