Printing

Ilja Kamps ikarus at ikarus.ath.cx
Thu Nov 22 17:45:30 CST 2001

On Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 06:02:47PM +0100, David Barrena wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I need to print in Wine but I can?t. I have a debian woody, with KDE 2,
> wine (with winesetup package) 20011004, cups and kups. I tried to print
> in a network printer (laserjet with axis card), I print in a aplication,
> and the windows dialog box says:
>
> Name: axis1 (my printer)
> Where: bla, bla,...
> Comment: WINEPS Printer using CUPS
>
> I can change the properties of my printer.
> I press Ok, no errors, but the printer do nothing.

The wine printing documentation is a bit outdated and not verywell written
but I would advice to remove any reference to your printer or lpt ports
from your config files, they are not needed for CUPS or lpr(ng) printing

I'm working on updating the printing documentation, so I hope it will be
more clear in a month or so