Communications problem

T REX the1trex at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 23 02:03:54 CST 2001

I am trying to get an home automation system called Thinkboxx
to run on a linux system, Thinkboxx has a windoze program that controls
the Thinkboxx over the com port. the program seems to be running well, but
when it tries to open the com ports it say that it has an "Unknown
Communications problem". I think my configuration of wine and the com port
is ok, i have spent
some time reading manuals and howtos but cant seem to find the flaw.
can somone help.

Here folows some output i got using -debugmsg +comm,+file

trace:file:CreateFileA COM2 GENERIC_READ GENERIC_WRITE OPEN_EXISTING
trace:file:CreateFileA opening device 'COM2'
trace:file:DOSFS_CreateCommPort COM2 c0000000 40000000
trace:comm:SetCommTimeouts (60,0x405c521c)
trace:comm:BuildCommDCBAndTimeoutsA (COM2 96,n,8,1,0x405c51d8,(nil))
trace:comm:EscapeCommFunction handle 96, function=6
trace:comm:EscapeCommFunction CLRDTR
trace:comm:EscapeCommFunction handle 96, function=4
trace:comm:EscapeCommFunction CLRRTS

Does anyone know what the error might be?

The1trex