Is this slowness normal?

Andreas Mohr Usenet 10/01 a31dgo001 at sneakemail.com
Fri Nov 23 05:03:08 CST 2001

ccrayne at crayne.org wrote:
> In <3BFD1D0C.4526.976583 at localhost>, on 11/22/01
>    at 03:43 PM, "D. R. Evans" <N7DR at arrl.net> said:

> :Incidentally, while I'm waiting for SOL.EXE to actually start, my CPU is
> :sitting at 0%, so I don't know what wine is doing.

> I just typed wine sol.exe from my home directory, and the cards were on
> the screen in about two seconds, so your case is certainly NOT normal.

OK, now that about 6 or 7 people have been wading through darkness,
let me enlighten you ;-)

Most probably it's a *huge* registry file (probably imported from Windows,
that's why).

Use wineserver -p to work around it.

--
Andreas Mohr, Renningen, Germany
In case you need to contact me after expiry of temporary email address: