Has anyone got a wine.conf that's Ok with starcraft ???

Dustin Runnells dustin at nodezero.com
Fri Nov 23 22:56:48 CST 2001

Doggy <doggysworldNOSPAMPLEASE at Libertysurf.Fr> wrote in message news:<20011123-161955-850057 at foorum.com>...
> Hi All !
>
> I'm trying to install Starcraft on my Linux box using wine, but, after 1 month,
> I don't reach to run the Setup ! Cause : No start menu !
> I've tried the tips on www.linuxgames.com and nothing runs better ... :-(
>
> Does anyone got a wine.conf file that works properly ?
> If yes, please, could-you post it ? (or send it by email ? (only remove the
> 'NOSPAMPLEASE'))
> to got my real email adress.
>
> Thanks you for your help,
> Regards,
>
> Dogg'

Hey man,

I had the same problem, try adding these lines to your
~/.wine/user.reg file:

"Programs"="C:\\WINDOWS\\Start Menu\\Programs"
"Start Menu"="C:\\WINDOWS\\Start Menu"
"StartMenu"="C:\\WINDOWS\\StartMenu"

and then make a "windows/Start Menu/Programs/Starcraft" directory
under wherever you set your Drive C to.

This worked on my linux only machine.. on another linux machine that
had an old windows drive mounted in it didn't have this problem. I am
using Wine release 20010824.

Oh, if you ever get IPX games working in any version of wine after
20010824 or fonts in Battlenet working, PLEASE let me know how!!!