Setup Question

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Sat Nov 24 15:42:05 CST 2001

On Sat, 24 Nov 2001 20:32:09 -0500, Alex Rodelius
<alexrod at lhotmail.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>am running Wine on Mandrake 8, using a 'fake' windows
>directory, that I created according to instructions on the Codeweavers
>website. Unfortunately, most apps don't run at all or run with errors.
>Would I achive better results by creating a separate partition,
>installing Windows on it with all the apps and using that partition with
>  Wine?

Maybe

>If yes, would some special setup of DLL entries in ~/.wine/config be
>required or should I just set as many DLL's as possible to native?

No, a native install is especially useful for installing applications.
Using too much native Dlls is hurting more than it helps.
Just try to set as little Dlls as native as possible. Keep the
defaults as they are usually best. Only a few system dlls provide
sometimes better results  : msvcrt (quite often), ole (and friends
olexxx like oleaut), shell, comctl, commdlg. But even some of these
ones can be better set to builtin in some cases.

Gerard