OK, I'm doing something stupid.

D. C. Sessions dcs at lumbercartel.com
Sat Nov 24 14:57:47 CST 2001

In <3c001278.21143244 at news.nerim.net> gerard patel posted:

> On Sat, 24 Nov 2001 12:40:29 -0700, "D. C. Sessions"
> <dcs at lumbercartel.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>>(even in winedbg) of what's chewing up the cycles.  Trying
>>to build from source, the configure script complains that
>>I don't have the xpm and cups development libraries, but
>>they're there plain as day
>
> All right, take cups for example : configure script search
> for cups/cups.h; on my system it is in /usr/include/cups
> Do you have any cups.h file on your system ?

[dcs at frankenstein dcs]$ ls /usr/include/cups
cups.h  http.h  ipp.h  language.h  md5.h  ppd.h  raster.h

[dcs at frankenstein dcs]$ ls /usr/X11R6/include/X11
ap_keysym.h   fonts/        RectObj.h     Xarch.h       X.h        Xpoll.h
bitmaps/      HPkeysym.h    RectObjP.h    Xatom.h       XKBlib.h   Xproto.h
Composite.h   ICE/          Shell.h       Xauth.h       Xlib.h     Xprotostr.h
CompositeP.h  Intrinsic.h   ShellP.h      Xaw/          Xlibint.h  Xresource.h
ConstrainP.h  IntrinsicP.h  SM/           Xcms.h        Xlocale.h  Xthreads.h
Constraint.h  keysymdef.h   StringDefs.h  Xdefs.h       Xmd.h      Xutil.h
Core.h        keysym.h      Sunkeysym.h   Xdmcp.h       Xmu/       XWDFile.h
CoreP.h       Object.h      Vendor.h      XF86keysym.h  Xosdefs.h
cursorfont.h  ObjectP.h     VendorP.h     Xft/          Xos.h
DECkeysym.h   pixmaps/      X10.h         Xfuncproto.h  Xos_r.h
extensions/   PM/           Xalloca.h     Xfuncs.h      xpm.h

[dcs at frankenstein wine-20011108]$ ./configure | tail -20
*** Warning: Xpm development files not found. Wine will be built without
*** Xpm support, which currently does not work. You will need to install
*** devel packages of Xpm.

*** Warning: the OpenGL version you have installed relies on libpthread for
*** thread-safety. To prevent crashes, OpenGL support has been removed.
*** A fix for glibc 2.1.3 that seems to work is included in this version of Wine,
*** start configure with '--enable-opengl' to force OpenGL support.

*** Note: You have cups runtime libraries, but no development
*** libraries. Install the cups-devel package or whichever package
*** contains cups.h to enable CUPS support in WINE.

*** Note: Your system appears to have the FreeType 2 runtime libraries
*** installed, but 'freetype-config' is not in your PATH. Install the
*** freetype-devel package (or its equivalent on your distribution) to
*** enable Wine to use TrueType fonts.

Configure finished.  Do 'make depend && make' to compile Wine.

--
| Microsoft: "A reputation for releasing inferior software will make |
| it more difficult for a software vendor to induce customers to pay |