Total Newbie here..

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sun Nov 25 17:33:42 CST 2001

On Sun, 25 Nov 2001, OldToker wrote:

> Thank you for all your wonderfull advice... I don't want to get off topic..
>
> someone mentioned comercial packages...  I have just a few apps I wish to
> continue using... Mostly Games
>
> Diablo 2, StrongHold, Command & Conquer,  Ect...

Sorry, I am not much for games, but some of those might work with
Wine.  Better than MSIE and so on, anyway.

> I am not a DieHard Gamer but would be nice to Get away from M$. CRAP.. and
> get on to Something that works without crashing every 10 mins... and has
> lots of  "Tracking" in it.
>
> Could someone recomend a good comercial package.??

Err, no.  VMware and win4lin actually run windows (or some OS) in a
virtual machine, so (A) you need windows and (B) you get windows.

> and also since I am in Germany (I am American) a  LUG... Wouldn't do me much
> good.. .Since my grasp of the German Language isn't that strong...
>
> Can someone here reccomend a good NewsGroup or WebPages For someone who
> doesn't have much Ca$h. and would like to save more... Rather than support
> "Uncle Billy's" Family Estate.?
>
> Thanks again..

I meant to mention linux-newbie before.  may as well now.  Majordomo
serves a bunch of linux lists there.  You can ask it

lists

if you like.  They are open lists, so you can ask without subscribing,
but you might miss some answers that way.  There is lots of good doco
included in any linux distro.  man pages, info, howtos, FAQ's.

Mailto: Majordomo at vger.kernel.org
Subject: not interpreted

[un]subscribe <mailing list> [<address>]
end

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.