Direct Connect

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Mon Nov 26 02:45:17 CST 2001

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001 04:27:00 +0000, Darren Evans
<darren at horseplay.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Has anyone got this working under Wine?
>
>I've mounted my NTFS filesystem with the utf8 option, although I get
>the following when running Direct Connect.exe
>
>fixme:win32:SetCriticalSectionSpinCount critsection=0x77a3f770:
>spincount=1000 not supported

This has nothing to do with ntfs (and even less utf8). This
is showing that you have asked to load a program or library
that is calling a partially implemented Wine function. This
is probably a NT system dll. By default the config file set a
number of dlls to 'native' load order, based on the compatibility
level of these dlls and the completeness of Wine code, but this
does not take in account the full range of differences between
Ms operating systems. Some NT dlls don't work at all under
Wine, while the 'same' dll was working fine under Win95. And
'smart' users override the defaults and set everything to 'native',
ensuring a fast crash. Set everything to builtin is - IMO - the right
option to start with (with one exception : msvcrt)

>The +debugmsg +all option spurts a lot of information and loops, not
>sure if it's acceptable to post this here?

No, +all is useless as a general debugging tool.
The idea is to use +relay by default (this shows
only basic Wine api calls) and turn on other
traces to show specific behaviour (this assumes
that you know what is the meaning of specific
traces, of course)

Gerard