Total Newbie here..

Andreas Mohr Usenet 10/01 a31dgo001 at sneakemail.com
Mon Nov 26 06:28:43 CST 2001

OldToker <oldtoker1969 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> <lawson_whitney at juno.com> wrote in message
> news:20011124.205824.134657512.2.lawson_whitney at juno.com...
>> On Sat, 24 Nov 2001, OldToker wrote:
>>
>> Gerard raises a good point.
> .
> Thank you for all your wonderfull advice... I don't want to get off topic..

> someone mentioned comercial packages...  I have just a few apps I wish to
> continue using... Mostly Games

> Diablo 2, StrongHold, Command & Conquer,  Ect...

> I am not a DieHard Gamer but would be nice to Get away from M$. CRAP.. and
> get on to Something that works without crashing every 10 mins... and has
> lots of  "Tracking" in it.

> Could someone recomend a good comercial package.??

> and also since I am in Germany (I am American) a  LUG... Wouldn't do me much
> good.. .Since my grasp of the German Language isn't that strong...
Hmm, really ?
I'd bet that at least 40% of all guys at a LUG in Germany should have rather
usable knowledge of English ;)
After all they are using Linux, and Linux *is* a global effort.

Where are you right now anyway ?
A good listing of LUGs in Germany can be found at the end of every
"Linux-Magazin" (its web page is www.linuxmagazin.de).

--
Andreas Mohr, Renningen, Germany
In case you need to contact me after expiry of temporary email address: