printing and wine

Bill Medland medbi01_1 at accpac.com
Wed Nov 28 15:06:41 CST 2001

"Richard Canada" <richard.canada at mrlinternational.com> wrote in message
news:3C054D3A.3020201 at mrlinternational.com...
> Does anybody have some up-to-date instructions on getting wine to print?
> I am trying to get Lotus Notes 5.0.6 to print, but I get no printers
> selected. Please help!!!
>
> Regards,
> Richard
Have you managed with something simple, like notepad?

I found the instructions at
http://www.witch-westfalen.de/Wine-HOWTO/wineprintconfig.html to be very
helpful.

First make sure you can print a postscript file from Linux.

Then find a suitable ppd file for your printer (that may be the hard part)

Then add suitable entries to the registry

Then add suitable entries to the win.ini

Then test.

I remember a couple of days ago someone saying that they were working on
improving the documentation so maybe there will be some soon.

Bill