Autocad without an installed Windows

Roland Rodrigus no at spam.net
Thu Nov 29 05:04:13 CST 2001

Hello
I tried to install an old version of autocad (13, student edition,
Release 13c4a), on a MSWindows-free box.

I ran :
$ wine d:\setup32.exe

It begun all right, I had the installation screens, then it failed with the
following messages :

err:win:WIN_FindWndPtr window 10029 belongs to other process
err:win:WIN_FindWndPtr window 10021 belongs to other process
err:win:WIN_FindWndPtr window 50022 belongs to other process
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
fixme:dialog:MSGBOX_OnInit task modal msgbox ! Not modal yet.
(each repeated many times)

If nevertheless I try to run autocad.exe, a (Windows) messagebox
tells me that cdilla rts or dll is missing.

My wine installation is OK, I succeeded to run a Windows version of Acrobat
Reader.  I am using wine-cvs-unstripped-112201-1.

Any hint ?
Thank you.
Roland