printing and wine

Lee Allen lee at leadtec.com
Fri Nov 30 07:48:12 CST 2001

On 29 Nov 2001 21:58:13 +0100, marcus at jet.franken.de (Marcus Meissner)
wrote:

>The documentation is way way outdated.
>
>If you have CUPS, install the CUPS development headers and libraries,
>recompile WINE. WINE now automatically picks up and configures your CUPS
>printers.
>
>If you don't have CUPS, cp the sample generic.ppd file to a known location
>add to your ~/.wine/config the 2 lines:
>
>    [ppd]
>    "generic" = "/where/you/put/generic.ppd"
>
>Thats it.

Are you saying it is no longer necessary to:
-  define [spooler] entries and ppd filenames in wine.config
-  define entries in the Wine registry
-  define entries in win.ini under [devices] and [windows]

?

If so, it's high time I grab a more current version of Wine and re-do
my printing setup.

Lee Allen