fixme:commdlg:GetFileName95 Flags 0x00000002 not yet implemented

Bob Washburne rcwash at concentric.net
Fri Nov 30 16:21:06 CST 2001

gerard patel wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Nov 2001 17:01:00 GMT, Bob Washburne
> <rcwash at concentric.net> wrote:
>
> >Greetings!
> >
> >I am attempting to run Groove Mechanic ( http://www.coyotes.bc.ca )
> >under wine.
> >
> >It is able to get past the licence check and record from the sound card.
> >But when I attempt to open a WAV file to process I get the error
> >message:
> >
> >fixme:commdlg:GetFileName95 Flags 0x00000002 not yet implemented
> >
> >and the program hangs with focus switching between the GM window and the
> >file browser window at about one hertz.  The file open did actually
> >appear to work once and I got to the next screen, but I have been unable
> >to duplicate that success.
> >

> It seems a focus problem - something very nasty to emulate
> correctly. Unless it's a problem with sound, but I doubt it (I don't
> doubt that there could be problems with sound if you pass this
> step anyway ;-))
> Try to run in managed mode (wine -managed myap.exe) and in

Managed mode got me past this screen.  It then propted me for the
save-file name and that appeared to work.

I then ran the analysis on the WAV file.  That appeared to work (19,256
clicks detected), but when I told it to REPAIR the magic failed.  What
should have taken over a minute happened instantly.  I then said to
repair HISS.  That normally takes over 10 minutes but again it was
instant.  I closed up and found that the save file was only 44 bytes
long, enough for the WAV header, but none of the data had been written
out.  GM has no SAVE option as it is all supposed to happen automaticly.

Next I will try the experiment suggested by the other poster.

Thanks,

Bob Washburne